Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day Five

Happy Fourth of July! Today the kids were in the Fourth of July parade. I misread the schedule and thought they were supposed to wear their red polos, but they were actually supposed to wear their t-shirts. So, I dropped them off and ran home to get the shirts. I picked up Andy, our youth minister, and by the time we made it back to where they'd been parked, not only could I not get down the street, but they were gone. I called Gage and he told me where they were - about 3 blocks away. I was trying to figure out how to get the shirts to them and Andy said he'd just run down and give them to the boys. So - off he went. Then I realized that I could still get down Main street, so I arrived at their location about the same time as he did!
The kids were kind of at the tail end of the parade. They walked behind their float and sang American and Irish songs. They were very energetic and fun!
After the parade, we went to mom and dad's for a little bit and met Pam and Jes, my sister and brother-in-law. Then we went to an Ulster Alumni family for a barbecue. The boys swam. After a couple of hours I'd had enough of the heat and told them to have fun and I'd be back later. When I picked them up later, Gage was pretty sunburned. You could see where he'd tried to put sunblock on and he had sort of a spiral pattern on his chest.
We had hamburgers, hotdogs and brats with red velvet cake for dessert at my mom and dad's before we dropped the boys off at the fairgrounds for fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment