Friday, July 1, 2011

Day Two

I had to go to work this morning. The boys were still sleeping when I left at 7 am. At 3:00, I picked them up and took them to Holy Cross, one of the Catholic churches in town for their first meeting. Their time was spent meeting the other kids and then practicing for the Ecumenical Service.
Parents didn't have to arrive until 5:00, so I went back to work for a bit and then returned to the church before going back. I walked around a bint and finally found out that the parents were meeting in the basement of the church.
The meeting was basically going over what was in the binder's we'd been given the day before containing the schedule and the rules. After the meeting we went to the sanctuary and the American kids led the Ecumenical service.
A dinner was provided by some women of the church. The kids all sat together and seemed to be getting along well. After dinner, the parents went home and the teens stayed at Holy Cross school for a Time of Discovery retreat. Time of Discovery is private - for teens and counselors only and from what I understand - it is a time for the teens to discuss their feelings. Eventually, I believe they are given exercises or topics to challenge their thinking and to foster growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment